Friday, May 24, 2013

Living off world.

Yesterday was Thursday, Day 9.  As I was posting the last blog, Brett went to the airport to collect Sheldon, Kevin, and Keston.  Sheldon, Kevin, and Keston were late because Virgin America told them the flight was delayed, so they went around the corner for a few minutes to grab a bite to eat, and when they got back, the airline sheepishly admitted that they suddenly got a window to leave and took it, and now the flight was gone.  So Sheldon, Kevin, and Keston had to wait for another flight.  I feel like Virgin America owes them something.  Because they led them to believe that they had enough time to grab a bite to eat.  They wouldn't have even tried to grab a bite to eat otherwise.  I'm sure if Sheldon, Kevin, and Keston had a choice between catching their flight on time or grabbing a bite to eat at the airport, they would choose catching the flight every time.  No one goes to the airport just to grab a bite to eat.

In the meantime, those left at Waterhole Cove had a dinner that was balls good.  There was pork chops, a tomato and mozzarella thing, a carrot puree thing, a thing of radishes and apples, and like taters.  And a strawberry dessert thing.


Many hours later, Brett got back with Sheldon, Kevin, and Keston, and we started shooting all the scenes of Matt watching Doc in the room.  We got a few different angles of that, with myself in my new position as sound.  I'm doing sound in Maryland.  So this gave me an opportunity to learn how to use Dastoli's sound thing, which is a piece of shit!

While shooting, Brett was talking about how James Cameron's Aliens (1986) has some of the best lines ever.  Two specific citations were "They mostly come out at night... mostly." and "Game over, man!  Game over!"  And that's all in the span of one scene.  Cameron's work may be decried by some as derivative, but his films are more iconic than you probably even realize.


When we wrapped, I was sleepy and hungry and no one knew if there was a meal happening or when call time was for tomorrow or what.  So I walked to the kitchen, where Anne was making breakfast.  Sheldon and I told her no one was coming so she only made a little bit and then stopped.  Sheldon and I had some bacon and pancakes and then I went to sleep.


More news on the trilogy name front.  Brett pointed out that in each of his three movies, a character watches a VHS tape.  So maybe it could be the VHS Tape Trilogy.  It's not my favorite name for it, because the VHS tape is only super important in one of the movies.  In the other two, it's only mildly significant.  But the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.  Brett Bonowicz's VHS Tape Trilogy.  Available next year on DVD and Blu-ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment